Visitors to Burwood are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, parks, and riverfront. Top sights around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Chadstone Shopping Mall.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 23.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 30.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Burwood
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Deakin University is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Wattle Park to your agenda.
Below is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Box Hill Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Melbourne Cricket Ground, located 7.4 mi (11.9 from the city center, and St. Kilda Beach, which is 7.6 mi (12.3 away.
Dressing for Burwood
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Burwood gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F