Visitors can enjoy all that Acton has to offer including its mountain views. You'll find 29 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lancaster. The closest major airport is in Palmdale, CA (PMD-Palmdale Regional) 20.4 from the city center. The next closest is in Palmdale, CA (WJF-General William J. Fox Airfield) 21 away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Acton
Places to visit in the larger region include Vasques Rocks, Lake Palmdale, and Palmdale City Hall. You'll also find Palmdale Playhouse and DryTown Water Park in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Acton, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 11 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are a few places to stay in the area:
- Soledad Canyon RV & Camping Resort is located 1.3 mi from the heart of Acton. Guests who stay at this 2-star cabin in Acton can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The Garland is 23.7 mi from the center of Acton. This 4-star hotel in North Hollywood features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and room service.
- Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City is 23.9 mi from central Acton. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Universal City can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to public transit.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Rose Bowl, located 20.5 mi (33 from the city center.
Dressing for Acton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- About 6.26 inches of rain falls on Acton each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 97°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 34°F