Families will find kid-friendly activities in Glendale, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Hollywood Sign, Warner Brothers Studio, and Hollywood Bowl are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1864 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Burbank, CA (BUR-Bob Hope) 10 from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Monica, CA (SMO-Santa Monica Municipal) 25.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glendale
The picturesque setting of Brand Park and Verdugo Mountains exemplify the city's natural beauty. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Glendale Galleria and Americana at Brand. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Glendale Federal Savings Building and Glendale Centre Theatre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Glendale. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Los Angeles - Glendale - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Embassy Suites Los Angeles - Glendale - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room service.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Hollywood Sign, located 5 mi (8.1 from the heart of the city, and Warner Brothers Studio, which is 5.3 mi (8.5 away.
Dressing for Glendale
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- About 20.28 inches of rain falls on Glendale each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 47°F