Families will find kid-friendly activities in Vista, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, safari tours, and beaches. Around the area, top sights include Legoland California, Carlsbad Premium Outlets, and San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Vista
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar) 10.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Murrieta, CA (RBK-French Valley) 41.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vista
Cultural venues in the city include Moonlight Ampitheatre, Broadway Theatre, and Avo Playhouse. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Wave Waterpark and June Angel Day Spa.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Vista. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott San Diego Vista - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Motel 6 Vista - This 2-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Popular places to see outside the city include Legoland California, located 7.7 mi (12.4 from the city center, and Carlsbad Premium Outlets, which is 8.2 mi (13.2 away.
Dressing for Vista
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 45°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 44°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Vista is 11.54 inches
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 45°F