Visiting Thousand Oaks
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Thousand Oaks, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and beautiful gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Top sights in the area include Hollywood Walk of Fame, Dolby Theater, and TCL Chinese Theatre.
- You'll find 1864 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Santa Paula, CA (SZP) 25.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxnard, CA (OXR) 30.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thousand Oaks
The city's cultural venues include Theater League and Chumash Indian Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Conejo Valley Botanic Garden and Gardens of The World. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Oaks is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Thousand Oaks. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks - This 2.5-star hotel in Newbury Park features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Courtyard by Marriott Thousand Oaks - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Thousand Oaks - With a stay at this 2.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and bathrooms.
Dressing for Thousand Oaks
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- Thousand Oaks gets about 15.91 inches of rain per year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 44°F