Search Malibu, Los Angeles Hotels from AU$272
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 25 Jul. 2020
Reviewed on 9 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 28 Jul. 2020
Travelers to Malibu give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, cafés, and sporting events. Top sights in the area include Hollywood Walk of Fame, Dolby Theater, and TCL Chinese Theatre.
- You'll find 1864 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Oxnard, CA (OXR) 35.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Paula, CA (SZP) 36.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Malibu
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Broad Beach, El Matador State Beach, and La Piedra Beach. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Pepperdine University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are El Pescador State Beach and Zuma Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Malibu. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Malibu Beach Inn - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a private beach, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Calamigos Guest Ranch and Beach Club - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a winery, 3 outdoor pools, and 2 restaurants.
- Malibu Beach Paradise Apartments - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale.
Top places to visit in the area include Santa Monica Pier, located 20.6 mi (33.2 from the city center, and J. Paul Getty Museum, which is 21.4 mi (34.4 away.
Dressing for Malibu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 43°F at night
- Malibu gets about 15.91 inches of rain per year
- July and September are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Malibu?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Malibu, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Malibu?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Malibu?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Malibu?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Malibu?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Malibu?
What's the best high-end hotel in Malibu?
Recent Reviews in Malibu
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Malibu airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Malibu?
- Where to stay near top Malibu attractions?
- More accommodation types in Malibu
- What kind of hotels are in Malibu?
- Which hotel chains are in Malibu?
- What are the most popular hotels in Malibu?
- Are there hotels near Malibu?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends