Visiting The Rocks
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in The Rocks, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, renowned opera house, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, museums, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Sydney Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay.
- You'll find 964 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 9.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in The Rocks
The city is well known for its opera and museums, and cultural venues include Ken Done Gallery, Gannon House, and Museum of Contemporary Art. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Rocks Markets is a favorite for retail therapy. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and taking local tours, while Circular Quay and Overseas Passenger Terminal are sights to visit.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in The Rocks. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Park Hyatt Sydney - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Quay West Suites Sydney - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this aparthotel. This 5-star aparthotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a fitness center.
- Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in The Rocks include Sydney Harbour Bridge. Outside the city, popular places to see include Sydney Opera House, located 0.3 mi (0.6 from the heart of the city, and Bondi Beach, which is 4.6 mi (7.4 away.
Dressing for The Rocks
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 46.77 inches of rain falls on The Rocks each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 47°F