Search South Bank, Brisbane Hotels from AU$128
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 4 Jan. 2020
Where to stay in South Bank
Visiting South Bank
Families will find kid-friendly activities in South Bank, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, top-notch restaurants, and riverfront. Walkable and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its theaters, cafés, and entertainment choices. Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Queen Street Mall, and Roma Street Parkland are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in South Bank
- The closest major airport is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE) 14.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in South Bank
The city is well known for its museums and theaters, and cultural venues include Queensland Performing Arts Centre, Queensland Conservatorium, and Queensland Museum and Sciencentre. Favorite family attractions include Wheel of Brisbane and South Bank Parklands. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre and Southbank Institute of Technology.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to select from in South Bank. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Spice Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Mantra South Bank - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center.
- Vine Serviced Apartments - This 4.5-star apartment features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Queen Street Mall, located 0.6 mi (0.9 from the city center, and Roma Street Parkland, which is 0.9 mi (1.4 away.
Getting Around South Bank
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from South Brisbane Station or South Bank Station. South Bank may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for South Bank
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 63°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 57°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for South Bank is 44.49 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 50°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in South Bank?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in South Bank, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in South Bank?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in South Bank?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to South Bank?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in South Bank?
What's the best high-end place to stay in South Bank?
Recent Reviews in South Bank
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the South Bank airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of South Bank?
- Where to stay near top South Bank attractions?
- More accommodation types in South Bank
- What kind of hotels are in South Bank?
- Which hotel chains are in South Bank?
- What are the most popular hotels in South Bank?
- Are there hotels near South Bank?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends