Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Positano, and visitors give high marks for the seaside and top-notch restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its mountain views. Top sights around the area include Ercolano Ruins, Church of Santa Maria Assunta, and Emerald Grotto.
- There are 99 hotels and other accommodations in Positano
- The closest major airport is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.) 32.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Salerno (QSR-Costa d'Amalfi) 36.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Positano
Notable city landmarks like Church of Santa Maria Assunta and Piazza dei Mulini might be worth a visit. The seaside, sunsets, and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Spiaggia Grande and Fornillo Beach. Boating is a top activity, and Positano Ferry is one place to visit.
In Positano, you'll find 99 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Villa Yiara - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Villa Mary Suites - Our customers like the helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this bed & breakfast in Liparlati, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and valet parking, along with free WiFi.
- Villa Magia - Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Ercolano Ruins, located 14.2 mi (22.9 from the heart of the city, and Emerald Grotto, which is 4.4 mi (7.1 away.
Dressing for Positano
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 45°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Average annual rainfall for Positano is 1.10 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 46°F