Search Pompei, Mount Vesuvius - Pompei Hotels from AU$54
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Pompei, and visitors give high marks for the ancient ruins and beautiful gardens. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its archaeological sites, local tours, and cathedral. Top sights in the city include Odeon and Pompeii Excavation Site.
- You'll find 145 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mount Vesuvius - Pompei (area)
- The closest major airport is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.) 23.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Salerno (QSR-Costa d'Amalfi) 37.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pompei
Cultural venues in the city include Odeon, Pompeii Excavation Site, and Museo Vesuviano "Giovan Battista Alfano". Notable for its historic sites, ancient ruins, and archaeological sites, the city's landmarks include Shrine of the Virgin of the Rosary of Pompei, Pompei Amphitheatre, and Grande Palestra. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are House of the Gilded Cupids and Quadriportico dei Teatri.
In Pompei, you'll find 81 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- B&B PompeiLog - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Agriturismo Villa Julia - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Bed & Breakfast La Casa di Plinio - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Ercolano Ruins, located 8.8 mi (14.2 from the city center, and Church of Santa Maria Assunta, which is 8.4 mi (13.5 away.
Getting Around Pompei
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Pompei Station. Pompei might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Pompei
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 43°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Pompei is 34.57 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 43°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Pompei?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Pompei, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Pompei?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Pompei?
What's the best hotel for couples in Pompei?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Pompei?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Pompei?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Pompei?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Pompei?
What's the best hotel in Pompei to learn about local history?
Recent Reviews in Pompei
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Pompei airport?
- Where to stay near top Pompei attractions?
- More accommodation types in Pompei
- What kind of hotels are in Pompei?
- Which hotel chains are in Pompei?
- What are the most popular hotels in Pompei?
- Are there hotels near Pompei?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends