Visiting North Miami
Families will find kid-friendly activities in North Miami, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. The welcoming and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include Aventura Mall, PortMiami, and Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
- You'll find 1535 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Miami
- The closest major airport is in Miami, FL (OPF-Opa Locka Executive) 10 from the city center
- The next closest is in Miami, FL (MPB-Public Seaplane Base) 12.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Miami
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Biscayne Shores and Gardens Park, Oleta River State Park, and Haulover Sandbar. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Causeway Square is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Museum of Contemporary Art and Dezer Collection.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to select from in North Miami. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Windsor Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- The Lofts on the Park - Our customers like the convenient parking and location at this apartment. With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Sun and Surf Inn - This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk.
Popular places to see in the area include Aventura Mall, located 4.5 mi (7.2 from the city center, and PortMiami, which is 8.4 mi (13.5 away.
Dressing for North Miami
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 57°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 59°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for North Miami is 61.02 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 59°F