Visiting North Melbourne
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in North Melbourne, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the zoo and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and university setting. Around the area, top sights include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Queen Victoria Market.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 8.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 16.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Melbourne
A favorite place to visit in the city is Queen Victoria Market. In the area, you'll also find Melbourne Cricket Ground and St. Kilda Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in North Melbourne. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Turnkey Accommodation at North Melbourne - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Melrose Apartments - Our customers like the WiFi and proximity to the airport at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a fitness center and parking, along with free WiFi.
- RNR Serviced Apartments North Melbourne - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Popular places to see in the area include Melbourne Zoo, located 1 mi (1.6 from the heart of the city, and Melbourne Central, which is 1.3 mi (2.1 away.
Getting Around North Melbourne
Metro stations nearby include Macaulay Station and Flemington Bridge Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for North Melbourne
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for North Melbourne is 0.47 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F