Visiting Melbourne Airport
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Melbourne Airport, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Flemington Racecourse are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 1.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 7.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Melbourne Airport
Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Flemington Racecourse are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Melbourne Zoo and Queen Victoria Market.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Melbourne Airport. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- Quest Melbourne Airport - With a stay at this 4.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Melbourne Central, located 11.5 mi (18.5 from the city center, and Melbourne Museum, which is 11.5 mi (18.5 away.
Dressing for Melbourne Airport
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 52°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- About 25.79 inches of rain falls on Melbourne Airport each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F