Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Mascot, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its cafés and waterfront. Around the area, top sights include Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Bondi Beach.
- You'll find 964 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 1.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mascot
A favorite place to visit in the city is George Hanna Memorial Museum. In the area, you'll also find Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Mascot. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Meriton Suites Mascot Central - This 5-star aparthotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- The Branksome Hotel And Residences - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and proximity to the airport at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Felix Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour health club.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Bondi Beach, located 6.2 mi (10 from the heart of the city, and Sydney Showground, which is 8.9 mi (14.3 away.
Getting Around Mascot
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Mascot is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Domestic Airport Station, Mascot Station, and International Airport Station. You can explore your options for water transportation at the local port.
Dressing for Mascot
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Mascot is 46.77 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 47°F