Search Long Beach, New York Hotels from AU$157
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 9 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 3 Sep. 2018
Visiting Long Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Long Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its bars. Long Beach, Belmont Park, and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Long Beach
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.) 11.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic) 26.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Long Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Long Beach and Lido West Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Holocaust Memorial and Long Beach Historical Museum.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Allegria Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable beds.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Belmont Park, located 9.2 mi (14.8 from the heart of the city, and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, which is 10.2 mi (16.5 away.
Getting Around Long Beach
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Long Beach Station. Long Beach might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Long Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 42.76 inches of rain falls on Long Beach each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Long Beach?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Long Beach, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Long Beach?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Long Beach?
What's the best hotel for couples in Long Beach?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Long Beach?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Long Beach?
What's the best boutique hotel in Long Beach?
What are some hotels with pools in Long Beach?
Recent Reviews in Long Beach
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Long Beach airport?
- Where to stay near top Long Beach attractions?
- More accommodation types in Long Beach
- Which hotel chains are in Long Beach?
- What are the most popular hotels in Long Beach?
- Are there hotels near Long Beach?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends