Search Kyoto, Kyoto Hotels from AU$65
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 25 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 1 Apr. 2020
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Kyoto, and visitors give high marks for the temples, beautiful gardens, and local tours. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its monuments. Top sights in the city include Kyoto Imperial Palace, Nijo Castle, and Kiyomizu Temple.
- There are 1380 hotels and other accommodations in Kyoto
- The closest major airport is in Osaka (ITM-Itami) 38.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Kobe (UKB) 64.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kyoto
Cultural venues in the city include Gion Corner, GEAR - Art Complex 1928, and Pontocho's Kaburenjo Theater. Attractions like Shusuitei Tea House, Murin-an, and Shinsenen are fun for kids of all ages. Notable for its temples, monuments, and historic sites, the city's landmarks include Kyoto Imperial Palace, Nijo Castle, and Kiyomizu Temple.
In Kyoto, you'll find 1380 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Aoi HOTEL KYOTO - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Central Kyoto can enjoy access to concierge services and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Gagakuan - Located in Central Kyoto, this 4-star vacation home features a kitchen and free WiFi.
- Hokkaikan Ohanabo - Amenities at this 3.5-star ryokan include free WiFi and a free manager's reception. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Kyoto include Heian Shrine, Higashi Honganji Temple, and Sanjusangendo Temple. Outside the city, popular places to see include Todaiji Temple, located 22.7 mi (36.6 from the heart of the city, and Osaka Castle, which is 26.3 mi (42.3 away.
Getting Around Kyoto
With so many transportation options, exploring Kyoto is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Kyoto Shiyakusho-mae Station, Shiyakusho-mae Station, and Sanjo Keihan Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Kyoto Sanjo Station, Kyoto Jingu-marutamachi Station, or Kyoto Kawaramachi Station.
Dressing for Kyoto
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kyoto is 45.47 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Kyoto?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kyoto, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Kyoto?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Kyoto?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Kyoto?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly accommodation in Kyoto?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Kyoto?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Kyoto?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Kyoto?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Kyoto?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Kyoto?
Recent Reviews in Kyoto
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Kyoto airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Kyoto?
- Where to stay near top Kyoto attractions?
- More accommodation types in Kyoto
- What kind of hotels are in Kyoto?
- Which hotel chains are in Kyoto?
- What are the most popular hotels in Kyoto?
- Are there hotels near Kyoto?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends