Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Ilford, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests and golf courses. South Park, Olympic Stadium, and O2 Arena are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 4384 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City) 8.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted) 36.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ilford
Cultural venues in the city include Valentines Mansion & Gardens, Kenneth More Theatre, and Redbridge Museum. The picturesque setting of South Park and Valentines Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Exchange Ilford is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Ilford. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Signature Hotel London - This 3-star hotel in Redbridge features free breakfast, a bar, and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Ilford Apartments - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this apartment. Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Redbridge can enjoy access to free parking and an in-room kitchen.
- O'Grady's - This 3.5-star inn in Redbridge features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Olympic Stadium, located 5.1 mi (8.1 from the heart of the city, and O2 Arena, which is 6.4 mi (10.4 away.
Getting Around Ilford
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Ilford is simple. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Newbury Park Station, Barkingside Underground Station, and Gants Hill Underground Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Seven Kings Station, Ilford Station, or Goodmayes Station.
Dressing for Ilford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Average annual rainfall for Ilford is 0.83 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 36°F