Visiting Hayman Island
Visitors to Hayman Island are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's beaches, sporting events, and spas. A top sight in the area is Whitehaven Beach. The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef) 33.6 from the city center. The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast) 59.7 away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Hayman Island
The city's natural beauty is on display at Hayman Island Reef, Cook Lookout, and Whitsunday Lookout. Additionally, you might want to add Dolphin Point Lookout to your agenda.
As you book your getaway to Hayman Island, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of the city, but here are lodging choices in the area.
- Mantra Club Croc is located 0.2 mi from the heart of Hayman Island. This 5-star resort in Hayman Island features a marina, 2 outdoor pools, and a full-service spa.
- Whitsunday Terraces Hotel Airlie Beach is 18.6 mi from central Hayman Island. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Cannonvale can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Colonial Palms Motor Inn is 19.3 mi from the center of Hayman Island. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Airlie Beach can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Whitehaven Beach, located 18 mi (29 from the center of the city.
Dressing for Hayman Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 65°F
- About 1.89 inches of rain falls on Hayman Island each year
- Usually December and January are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 57°F