Travelers to Franklin will find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Mt. Wellington.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Franklin
- The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.) 50 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Franklin
A favorite place to visit in the city is Wooden Boat Centre. Additionally, you'll find Mt. Wellington in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Franklin, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here you'll find a few places to stay in the region:
- Cottage On Main is 1.6 mi from the center of Franklin. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Franklin can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Linda Cottage Franklin is 1.7 mi from central Franklin. This 4-star apartment in Sandy Bay features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Grosvenor Court Apartments Hobart is located 21.2 mi from the heart of Franklin. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star motel in West Hobart can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Franklin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 18.78 inches of rain falls on Franklin each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while June and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F