Visitors can enjoy all that Huonville has to offer including the rainforests, coffeehouses, and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and ecotours. Around the area, top sights include Mt. Wellington, Cascade Brewery, and Mount Nelson Lookout.
- You'll find 208 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hobart
- The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.) 43.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Huonville
The picturesque setting of Picton River and Mount Misery exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Home Hill Winery and Huon Apple & Heritage Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Huonville. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Walton House - This 4.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
- Huonville Guesthouse - Our customers like the comfortable beds at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Huon Bush Retreats - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Mt. Wellington, located 13.1 mi (21.1 from the heart of the city, and Cascade Brewery, which is 15.5 mi (24.9 away.
Dressing for Huonville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- Huonville gets about 20.63 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F