The Cabin is completly self contained and can sleep up to 4 guests.
Every window offers a beautiiful view of native flora and fauna, the D'Entrecasteaux Channel can be seen from the kitchen and deck.
The Cabin offers the ideal base from which to explore all the Channel, Bruny Island, the Huon Valley and Hobart has to offer,
at the end of the day relax on the deck with a cuppa or a drop of local wine or brew. listen to the birds, watch the wildlife bounce past,,or cozy up in front of the wood fire, It will be set and ready to stick a match in , with plenty of wood available in your space. , tv, ipod dock, books, magazines, movies, games,and internet access are all available.
Our family home is also on the property, so should you need anything we are more than happy to help.
If you are looking for great places to eat out, the Cabin is only minutes away from Grandvewe Sheep Cheesery and provedore and the award winning Peppermint Bay Restaurant.
A further 5 minutes along the channel Hwy will find you in Kettering where you can catch a bite at the Oyster Cove Inn, the Gateway cafe, Steam house cafe or a quick take-away at Kettering Central.
The Cabin is on 6 acres of bush, and is built from trees milled on site.
The property is also home to a labyrinth, which you are welcome to walk, A labyrinth is an ancient symbol that relates to wholeness. Walking the labyrinth reduces stress, quiets the mind, grounds the body and opens the heart.
- 5 Bob Farm Art Walk
- Grandvewe sheep cheesery and provedore
- Award winning Peppermint Bay Restaurant
- Woodbridge Smoke House ; Award winning smoked trout
- Hartzview Vineyard
- Cygnet, home of the Cygnet Folk Festival.
January the small town of Cygnet plays host to the annual Cygnet Folk Festival., One of Australia’s most iconic folk music festivals, the Cygnet festival attracts thousands of visitors every year. A rich cultural community event, the festival provides entertainment to a wide audience of festival attendees, making people smile, providing opportunities and a springboard for young musicians, opportunities for local businesses, and new friendships.
- Bruny Island (beaches, cheese, berries, bushwalking, kayaking, oysters, chocolate, cafes, art)
- Boutique local wineries
- 2 Local gourmet chocolatiers, Kettering and Cygnet
- Snug falls bushwalk
- Local markets
- Antiques, pancakes and collectables at The Margate Train
- Huon Tourist Trail that will take you through quaint towns such as Cygnet and Franklin and on to the magnificent Tahune Airwalk
- Mona ; Museum of Old and New Art, A must see
- Salamanca Market, Every Saturday from about 8am until 3pm, Salamanca Place comes alive with the famous Salamanca Market. Over 300 stallholders sell fresh and gourmet produce, arts, crafts and handiwork from all over Tasmania, interstate and overseas. Ranging as one of the top attractions in Tasmania,