Visiting East Elmhurst
Travelers to East Elmhurst give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Welcoming and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its cafés and shopping. Top sights around the area include Floating Pool, Bloomingdale's, and Barney's.
- You'll find 1354 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia) 0.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.) 15.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in East Elmhurst
A favorite place to visit in the city is Langston Hughes Community Library and Cultural Center. Additionally, in the area you'll find Floating Pool and Bloomingdale's.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in East Elmhurst. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ibis Styles New York LaGuardia Airport - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Queens can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn New York - LaGuardia Airport - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel in Queens features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Queens can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Top places to visit outside the city include Barney's, located 4.9 mi (7.9 from the city center, and Central Park, which is 5.2 mi (8.4 away.
Dressing for East Elmhurst
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- East Elmhurst gets about 44.76 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F