Visitors can enjoy all that Barangaroo has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and waterfront. Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, and Bondi Beach are some of the top sights around the area. The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 9 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Barangaroo
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, and Bondi Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Sydney Showground and Newport Beach.
As you start planning your visit to Barangaroo, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 862 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Four Seasons Hotel Sydney is located in central Barangaroo. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Sydney can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Hyatt Regency Sydney is located in the heart of Barangaroo. This 5-star hotel in Sydney features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. Our customers like its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Meriton Suites Kent Street, Sydney is located within 0.4 mi of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star apartment in Chinatown can enjoy access to an indoor pool and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Circular Quay, located 0.5 mi (0.8 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Barangaroo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Barangaroo gets about 46.77 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 47°F