Visitors to Bankstown are sure to enjoy the sporting events, restaurants, and bars. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Sydney Showground, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Sydney Opera House.
- You'll find 964 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 12.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bankstown
Sydney Showground, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Sydney Opera House are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Bondi Beach and Circular Quay.
Below is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Travelodge Hotel Bankstown Sydney - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 8 restaurants and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Getting Around Bankstown
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Sydney Bankstown Station. Bankstown might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Bankstown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Bankstown is 46.77 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F