Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Ascot, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, shopping, and coffeehouses. The welcoming and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include Roma Street Parkland, Queen Street Mall, and Suncorp Stadium.
- You'll find 461 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brisbane
- The closest major airport is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE) 7.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ascot
Favorite family attractions include Eagle Farm Racecourse and Doomben Racecourse. In the area, you'll also find Roma Street Parkland and Queen Street Mall.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Ascot. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Domain Serviced Apartments - This 4-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and proximity to the airport.
- Best Western Airport 85 Motel - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this motel. With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Quest Ascot - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Suncorp Stadium, located 3.7 mi (6 from the city center, and The Gabba, which is 4 mi (6.4 away.
Getting Around Ascot
With so many transportation options, seeing Ascot is easy. To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Brisbane Ascot Station or Brisbane Doomben Station. You can ride a ferry to see more of the region.
Dressing for Ascot
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 63°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 57°F at night
- Ascot gets about 44.49 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually December and January with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 50°F