Search Zermatt, Valais Hotels from AU$143
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Travelers to Zermatt give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and relaxing spas. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape. Top sights around the area include Park and Matterhorn.
- There are 173 hotels and other accommodations in Zermatt
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR) 38.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Zermatt
The mountain views, hiking trails, and glaciers highlight the city's natural beauty, and Matterhorn, Unterrothorn, and Gorner Ridge are worth a visit. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Mountaineers Cemetery, Zermatt - Furi, and Zermatt-Furi Gondola are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. Mauritius Church and Matterhorn Museum.
In Zermatt, you'll be able to select from 173 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Riffelalp Resort 2222m - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, ski slopes, and 3 restaurants.
- Hotel Firefly - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features ski slopes, free breakfast, and an indoor pool.
- Parkhotel Beau Site - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Park, located 9.8 mi (15.8 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Zermatt
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Zermatt Station. Zermatt may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Zermatt
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 35°F during the day and 10°F at night
- July through September averages 39°F during the day and 27°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 32°F during the day and 11°F at night
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Zermatt each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 37°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 8°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Zermatt?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Zermatt, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Zermatt?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Zermatt?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Zermatt?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Zermatt?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Zermatt?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Zermatt?
Where's the best place to stay for a trip to the slopes in Zermatt?
Recent Reviews in Zermatt
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Zermatt airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Zermatt?
- Where to stay near top Zermatt attractions?
- More accommodation types in Zermatt
- What kind of hotels are in Zermatt?
- Which hotel chains are in Zermatt?
- What are the most popular hotels in Zermatt?
- Are there hotels near Zermatt?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends