Visiting Yarra Glen
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Yarra Glen, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its wineries, spas, and gardens. Top sights around the area include Dandenong Ranges National Park and Doncaster Shopping Centre.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Yarra Glen
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 42.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 46.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yarra Glen
Wine tasting is a top activity, and Yileena Park is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Alowyn Gardens.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Yarra Glen. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Araluen Boutique Accommodation - With a stay at this 4.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a winery and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Melba Lodge - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Dandenong Ranges National Park, located 14.2 mi (22.8 from the city center, and Doncaster Shopping Centre, which is 16.2 mi (26.1 away.
Dressing for Yarra Glen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Yarra Glen is 0.47 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 41°F