Visitors to Villefranche-sur-Mer are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its university setting. Around the area, top sights include Casino Monte Carlo, Villa Kerylos, and Villa Ephrussi.
- You'll find 1120 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Nice
- The closest major airport is in Nice (NCE-Cote d'Azur) 9.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Villefranche-sur-Mer
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Villa Nellcote. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Institut de Francais is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Place de la Paix and Chapelle de St-Pierre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Villefranche-sur-Mer. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Welcome Hôtel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a sauna, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- La Flore - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel Le Provençal - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Top places to see around the area include Casino Monte Carlo, located 5.7 mi (9.2 from the city center, and Villa Kerylos, which is 0.9 mi (1.4 away.
Getting Around Villefranche-sur-Mer
With so many ways to get around, exploring Villefranche-sur-Mer is a breeze. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Villefranche-sur-Mer Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Villefranche-sur-Mer
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- About 20.98 inches of rain falls on Villefranche-sur-Mer each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F