Search Venice, Veneto Hotels from AU$96
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Venice
4.5/5Wonderful!(162 area reviews)
One of Venice’s most iconic sights is known all over the world for its historic square, cathedral and surrounding shops and cafés.
5/5Exceptional!(30 area reviews)
One of six districts in Venice, this beautiful area has many sights located along the edge of Venice and on the island of Giudecca.
4.5/5Wonderful!(33 area reviews)
The smallest of Venice’s six districts, this is also one of the oldest. It offers many tourist sites in its palaces, its churches and the Rialto Bridge.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Venice, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral, fascinating museums, and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its monuments and architecture. Top sights in the city include St. Mark's Basilica, Rialto Bridge, and St. Mark's Square.
- There are 1930 hotels and other accommodations in Venice
- The closest major airport is in Venice (VCE-Marco Polo) 7.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Treviso (TSF) 26.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Venice
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Peggy Guggenheim Museum, Academy Gallery, and Ca' Rezzonico. Notable for its cathedral, monuments, and historic sites, the city's landmarks include St. Mark's Basilica, Rialto Bridge, and St. Mark's Square. Boating is one of the top activities, while San Zaccaria Waterbus, Salute Waterbus, and Accademia Waterbus are favorite sights to visit.
In Venice, you'll be able to select from 1930 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Nani Mocenigo Palace - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Dorsoduro can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Ca' del Cinema - Our customers like the clean rooms and walkable location at this B&B. This bed & breakfast in Castello features free WiFi, concierge services, and a terrace.
- Residenza Grandi Vedute - Amenities at this residence include free WiFi and a free area shuttle. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Other favorite sights in Venice include St Mark's Campanile, Doge's Palace, and Bridge of Sighs. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Sea Life Jesolo, located 15.2 mi (24.5 from the heart of the city, and Scrovegni Chapel, which is 22.3 mi (35.9 away.
Getting Around Venice
With so many transportation options, seeing Venice is simple. Head to Mestre Centro B1 for metro transit. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Venice Santa Lucia Station, Venezia Mestre Station, or Venice Mestre Ospedale Station.
Dressing for Venice
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Venice is 33.46 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 33°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Venice?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Venice, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Venice?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Venice?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Venice?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Venice?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Venice?
What's the best luxury hotel in Venice?
What's the best boutique hotel in Venice?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Venice?
What's the best accommodation in Venice to learn about local history?
Recent Reviews in Venice
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Venice airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Venice?
- Where to stay near top Venice attractions?
- More accommodation types in Venice
- What kind of hotels are in Venice?
- Which hotel chains are in Venice?
- What are the most popular hotels in Venice?
- Are there hotels near Venice?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends