Visitors can enjoy all that Thirlmere has to offer including the parks and museums. The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional) 45.1 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Thirlmere
Favorite places to visit in the city include Trainworks, Tahmoor Regional Sporting Centre, and Thirlmere Lakes National Park. In the area, you'll also find Menangle Park Paceway and Australian Botanic Gardens.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Le Petit Palais Villas - This 4-star villa features a full-service spa, free parking, and a spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to public transit.
Getting Around Thirlmere
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Thirlmere Station. Thirlmere might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Thirlmere
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 55°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Thirlmere gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F