Visiting Surry Hills
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Surry Hills, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and abundant cafés. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars and museums. Around the area, top sights include Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Bondi Beach.
- You'll find 964 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Surry Hills
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Brett Whitley Studio, Ray Hughes Gallery, and Object Gallery. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Crown Street is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Belvoir Street Theatre and Castlereagh Street.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Surry Hills. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- ADGE Boutique Apartment Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Botanik Apartment Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Apartment Hotel East Central - This 4.5-star apartment features free WiFi, a café, and parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Top places to visit in the area include Sydney Opera House, located 1.9 mi (3.1 from the city center, and Sydney Harbour Bridge, which is 2.2 mi (3.5 away.
Dressing for Surry Hills
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- Surry Hills gets about 46.77 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F