Visiting Sun City
Visitors can enjoy all that Sun City has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Peoria Sports Complex, Gila River Arena, and University of Phoenix Stadium.
- You'll find 2349 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phoenix
- The closest major airport is in Phoenix, AZ (DVT-Phoenix Deer Valley) 19.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Phoenix, AZ (PHX-Sky Harbor Intl.) 34.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sun City
A couple of favorite places to visit are Bell Lanes and Bell Recreation Center. In the area, you'll also find Peoria Sports Complex and Gila River Arena.
As you make plans for a getaway to Sun City, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 240 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- 2BR Sun City House W/covered Patio & Yard is 3.3 mi from the center of Sun City. This 4-star hotel in Paradise Valley features a golf course, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- New! Surprise Studio w/ Patio & Community Pool! is 1.3 mi from central Sun City. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Glendale can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale is located 3.1 mi from the heart of Sun City. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Phoenix can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and bar.
Popular places to see outside the city include University of Phoenix Stadium, located 7.8 mi (12.6 from the city center, and Wet 'n' Wild, which is 8.7 mi (14.1 away.
Dressing for Sun City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 106°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 40°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sun City is 8.07 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 104°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F