Families will find kid-friendly activities in Peoria, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters. Around the area, top sights include Wet 'n' Wild, Peoria Sports Complex, and Gila River Arena.
- You'll find 2337 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phoenix
- The closest major airport is in Phoenix, AZ (DVT-Phoenix Deer Valley) 21.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Scottsdale, AZ (SCF) 38.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Peoria
The city's natural beauty is on display at Lake Pleasant Regional Park, Lake Pleasant, and Rio Vista Recreation Park. Baseball fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Peoria Sports Complex, Polar Ice Peoria, or Rio Vista Recreation Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Quintero Golf Club and Trilogy Golf Club at Vistancia.
In Peoria, you'll find 62 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria - This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Bluegreen Cibola Vista Resort and Spa, an Ascend Resort - With a stay at this 3-star condo, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Top places to visit in the area include Wet 'n' Wild, located 9.7 mi (15.6 from the city center, and Gila River Arena, which is 17.4 mi (28 away.
Dressing for Peoria
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 106°F, while the average at night is 66°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- Peoria gets about 8.07 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 104°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 42°F