Visiting South Perth
Families will find kid-friendly activities in South Perth, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its restaurants, cafés, and zoo. Kings Park and Botanic Garden, City Beach, and Perth Mint are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 441 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Perth
- The closest major airport is in Perth, WA (PER) 10.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in South Perth
Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Mends Street Jetty is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Perth Zoo and Old Mill Theatre.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in South Perth. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Peninsula - This 4-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and a game room. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Quest South Perth - This 3.5-star aparthotel features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a library.
- Metro Hotel Perth - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Kings Park and Botanic Garden, located 2.3 mi (3.7 from the heart of the city, and City Beach, which is 7 mi (11.3 away.
Dressing for South Perth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 58°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- About 29.92 inches of rain falls on South Perth each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 47°F