Visiting South Bruny
Visitors can enjoy all that South Bruny has to offer including its rainforests. The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.) 69.9 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in South Bruny
The picturesque setting of Bruny Island and Bay of Islands exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are South Bruny National Park and Bligh Museum of Pacific Exploration.
As you make plans for a getaway to South Bruny, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 16 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here you'll find a few of the places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Cloudy Bay Villa is located 0.4 mi from the heart of South Bruny. Guests who stay at this 3-star cabin in Adventure Bay can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bathrooms.
- 43 Degrees Bruny Island is 7.6 mi from the center of South Bruny. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star apartment in Alonnah can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable beds.
- Bruny Island Escapes and Hotel Bruny is 7.7 mi from central South Bruny. This 3.5-star hotel in Port Huon features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for South Bruny
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 20.63 inches of rain falls on South Bruny each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F