Visiting Port Arthur
History buffs will enjoy exploring Port Arthur, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its tours and gardens.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Port Arthur
- The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.) 43.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Arthur
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Port Arthur Historic Site, Isle of the Dead, and Point Puer. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Remarkable Cave. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tasman Golf Course and Port Arthur Lavender Farm.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Port Arthur. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sea Change Safety Cove - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking.
- Stewarts Bay Lodge - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar/lounge.
- Port Arthur Villas - This 4-star vacation home features free WiFi, free parking, and a computer station. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and bathrooms.
Dressing for Port Arthur
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- About 20.63 inches of rain falls on Port Arthur each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 40°F