Visitors can enjoy all that Smeaton has to offer including the lakeside setting and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and scenic setting. The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 87.9 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Smeaton
A favorite place to visit in the city is Anderson's Mill. Additionally, you'll find The Tangled Maze and Park Lake Gardens in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Smeaton, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 10 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here you'll find a few of the places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Bellinzona Grange Country Retreat is 10.5 mi from the center of Smeaton. This 4-star guesthouse in Hepburn Springs features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and quiet location.
- Sovereign Hill Hotel is located 17.6 mi from the heart of Smeaton. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Golden Point can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Mercure Ballarat Hotel and Convention Centre is 17.7 mi from central Smeaton. This 4-star hotel in Golden Point features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Smeaton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Smeaton is 0.79 inches
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F