Visitors to Scamander are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and seafood restaurants.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Scamander
- The closest major airport is in Launceston, TAS (LST) 87.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Scamander
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Winifred Curtis Scamander Reserve and Scamander Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Scamander River Golf Club and Bike Trip Vallekilen-Tovdal.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Scamander. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Scamander Sanctuary Holiday Park - This 2-star campground features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Pelican Sands Scamander - Our customers like the beach locale at this apartment. This 4-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and a seasonal outdoor pool.
- Carmens Inn - This 3-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Scamander
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 62°F with nighttime averages of 36°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Scamander each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 37°F