Travelers to Sandgate will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Around the area, top sights include Roma Street Parkland, Suncorp Stadium, and Queen Street Mall.
- You'll find 418 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brisbane
- The closest major airport is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE) 9.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sandgate
Notable places to visit in the area include Roma Street Parkland, Suncorp Stadium, and Queen Street Mall. Additionally, in the area you'll find Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre and The Gabba.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium, located 12.4 mi (20 from the city center.
Getting Around Sandgate
If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Brisbane Sandgate Station.
Dressing for Sandgate
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 63°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 57°F as the nighttime average
- About 44.49 inches of rain falls on Sandgate each year
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F