Families will find kid-friendly activities in Parramatta, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Culturally-rich and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its riverfront and cathedral. Sydney Showground, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Sydney Opera House are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 964 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 20.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Parramatta
The city's cultural venues include Parramatta Heritage Centre and Riverside Theatres. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfield Parramatta Shopping Centre is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Queens Wharf Reserve and Parramatta Stadium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Parramatta. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Meriton Suites Church Street, Parramatta - With a stay at this 5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- PARKROYAL Parramatta - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- SKYE Hotel Suites Parramatta - With a stay at this 5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its dining options and quiet location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Sydney Showground, located 4.3 mi (6.9 from the city center, and Sydney Harbour Bridge, which is 12 mi (19.3 away.
Getting Around Parramatta
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Parramatta Station or Sydney Parramatta Station. Parramatta may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Parramatta
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- About 46.77 inches of rain falls on Parramatta each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F