Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Olinda, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the spas and gardens. The relaxing and tucked away setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Dandenong Ranges National Park, Puffing Billy Steam Train, and Doncaster Shopping Centre.
- You'll find 1261 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 44.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine) 50.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Olinda
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as National Rhododendron Gardens and Olinda Falls. Additionally, you might want to add Tree Fern Gully Track to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Olinda. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Arcadia Cottages - With a stay at this 4.5-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Woolrich Retreat - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Gracehill - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Dandenong Ranges National Park, located 1.8 mi (2.8 from the city center, and Puffing Billy Steam Train, which is 3.9 mi (6.2 away.
Dressing for Olinda
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Olinda gets about 0.47 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 41°F