Visiting North Sydney
Families will find kid-friendly activities in North Sydney, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its bars and opera houses. Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, and Bondi Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 964 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) 11.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in North Sydney
The picturesque setting of St. Leonards Park and Kesterton Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Don Bank Museum and Mary MacKillop Place.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in North Sydney. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Meriton Suites North Sydney - This 5-star aparthotel features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to public transit.
- McLaren Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a snack bar/deli, along with WiFi.
- North Sydney Harbourview Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Sydney Harbour Bridge, located 1.2 mi (1.9 from the heart of the city, and Sydney Opera House, which is 1.5 mi (2.4 away.
Getting Around North Sydney
With so many transportation options, exploring all of North Sydney is a breeze. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Sydney North Sydney Station. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for North Sydney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for North Sydney is 46.77 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 47°F