Visitors can enjoy all that Mitaka has to offer including the aquarium, forests, and temples. This city's rich culture also attracts tourists. Meiji Jingu Shrine, Tokyo Tower, and Tokyo Imperial Palace are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1100 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tokyo
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda) 25.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.) 75.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mitaka
Favorite places to visit in the city include Ghibli Museum, Mitaka City Gallery of Art, and Inokashira Benzaiten. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mikata Picture Book House in the Astronomical Observatory Forest and National Astronomical Observatory of Japan.
You may not be able to stay within the center of Mitaka, but there are plenty of choices around the area. Below are some places where you might want to stay:
- There are 2 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Chofu, and sights to visit include Fuda Tenjinsha Shrine and Jindaiji Temple
- There are 3 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Musashino, and sights to visit include Musashino Central Park and Enmeiji Temple
Outside the city, popular places to see include Meiji Jingu Shrine, located 7.8 mi (12.6 from the city center, and Tokyo Tower, which is 10.5 mi (16.9 away.
Getting Around Mitaka
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Tokyo Mitaka Station.
Dressing for Mitaka
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- About 62.09 inches of rain falls on Mitaka each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F