Search Magnetic Island, Townsville Hotels from AU$55
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Magnetic Island
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Magnetic Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours.
- There are 134 hotels and other accommodations in Magnetic Island
- The closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV) 15.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Palm Island, QLD (PMK) 49 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Magnetic Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Magnetic Island National Park, Horseshoe Bay Beach, and Radical Bay. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Magnetic Island Golf Course and Coral Sea.
In Magnetic Island, you'll find 134 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Maggies Beachfront Apartments - This 4.5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable beds.
- Magnetic Sunsets - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Island Palms Resort - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Magnetic Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Magnetic Island gets about 40.35 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 58°F