Search Lower Manhattan, New York Hotels from AU$121
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Lower Manhattan
4.5/5Wonderful!(334 area reviews)
The frenzy of Wall Street, the galleries of Soho, the green lungs of Central Park: Manhattan still has the assets – and the charms – to back up its considerable confidence.
4.5/5Wonderful!(75 area reviews)
Navigate successfully through the skyscrapers, suits and taxis that dominate daytime Midtown and you’ll find a whole heap of New York City landmarks you know and love.
4.5/5Wonderful!(3 area reviews)
The gritty artists’ lofts and studios of the 1970s and 80s have morphed into a trendy district full of flash boutique shops, hotels, restaurants and bars.
5/5Exceptional!(8 area reviews)
Once the center of New York’s bohemian art scene, this area remains one of the city’s best hangouts and a great spot to sip an espresso or catch an independent film.
4/5Very Good!(6 area reviews)
In just a few steps you are transported from busy downtown New York to the heart of China.
Visiting Lower Manhattan
Travelers give high marks for the Chinatown, entertainment, and museums in Lower Manhattan. Vibrant and scenic, this city will delight visitors with its skyscrapers, art, and monuments. Top attractions in the city include New York Stock Exchange, One World Trade Center, and National September 11 Memorial.
- There are 193 hotels and other accommodations in Lower Manhattan
- Closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia) 12.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lower Manhattan
Known for its museums, art, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Children's Museum of the Arts, De Vera, and Italian American Museum. Its Chinatown and monuments are notable and landmarks include One World Trade Center, National September 11 Memorial, and E. V. Haughwout Building. In Lower Manhattan you'll find 193 hotels and other accommodations making it easy to plan your perfect vacation at an affordable rate.
- Four Seasons New York Downtown - This 5-star hotel in Manhattan features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and central location.
- THE BROOME NYC - This 4-star hotel in Manhattan features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a conference center. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel 50 Bowery NYC - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Chinatown, you'll have access to a restaurant, free WiFi, and a TV. Visitors like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Lower Manhattan include New York Stock Exchange, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and Battery Park. Outside of the city, popular places to visit include Brooklyn Bridge located 1 mi (1.6 from city center and Empire State Building which is 2.1 mi (3.4 away.
Getting around Lower Manhattan
With transportation options aplenty, seeing Lower Manhattan is easy. Take advantage of metro transit at Canal St. Station, Spring St. Station, or Canal St. Station. If you're looking to journey outside of the area, take a train from New York World Trade Center Station, New York 9th St. Station, or New York Christopher St. Station.
Dressing for Lower Manhattan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 50.12 inches of rain falls on Lower Manhattan each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Lower Manhattan?
- Where to stay near top Lower Manhattan attractions?
- More accommodation types in Lower Manhattan
- What kind of hotels are in Lower Manhattan?
- Which hotel chains are in Lower Manhattan?
- What are the most popular hotels in Lower Manhattan?
- Are there hotels near Lower Manhattan?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends