Search Kings Beach, Lake Tahoe Hotels from AU$110
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 5 Oct. 2019
Reviewed on 30 Dec. 2018
Reviewed on 6 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 29 Aug. 2020
Reviewed on 16 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 2 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 14 Sep. 2020
Visiting Kings Beach
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Kings Beach, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its ski areas and mountain views. Top sights around the area include Northstar California Resort, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, and Bowers Mansion.
- You'll find 3572 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake Tahoe
- The closest major airport is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe) 13.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.) 36.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kings Beach
The lakeside and mountain views exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Kings Beach State Recreation Area and Stateline Lookout. Top activities include skiing and kayaking, while Old Brockway Golf Course is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Kings Beach Miniature Golf to your agenda.
In Kings Beach, you'll be able to select from 190 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ferrari's Crown Resort - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
- Stevenson's Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a game room.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Northstar California Resort, located 5.7 mi (9.1 from the heart of the city, and Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, which is 9.9 mi (16 away.
Dressing for Kings Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 30°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 14°F at night
- About 30.71 inches of rain falls on Kings Beach each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 15°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Kings Beach?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kings Beach, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Kings Beach?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Kings Beach?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Kings Beach?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Kings Beach?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Kings Beach?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Kings Beach?
What's the best accommodation option for a trip to the slopes in Kings Beach?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Kings Beach?
Recent Reviews in Kings Beach
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Kings Beach airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Kings Beach?
- Where to stay near top Kings Beach attractions?
- More accommodation types in Kings Beach
- What kind of hotels are in Kings Beach?
- Which hotel chains are in Kings Beach?
- What are the most popular hotels in Kings Beach?
- Are there hotels near Kings Beach?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends