Visiting Olympic Valley
Travelers to Olympic Valley give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and lakeside setting. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. A top sight in the area is Northstar California Resort.
- You'll find 3316 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake Tahoe
- The closest major airport is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe) 15.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL) 39.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Olympic Valley
Skiing, hiking, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Squaw Valley Adventure Center, Aerial Tram, and Mountain Run. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Resort at Squaw Creek Golf Course and Squaw Express.
In Olympic Valley, there are 106 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Resort at Squaw Creek - Destination Hotels & Resorts - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and comfortable rooms.
- Red Wolf Lodge At Squaw Valley - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and convenient parking at this aparthotel. This 3-star aparthotel features ski slopes, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Squaw Valley Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to ski-in/ski-out access and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight outside the city is Northstar California Resort, located 7.8 mi (12.5 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Olympic Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 25°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 36°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Olympic Valley gets about 33.78 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 20°F