Visiting Tahoe Vista
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tahoe Vista, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its ski areas. Top sights around the area include Northstar California Resort, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, and Bowers Mansion.
- You'll find 3316 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake Tahoe
- The closest major airport is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe) 12.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.) 37.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tahoe Vista
A favorite place to visit in the city is North Tahoe Marina. In the area, you'll also find Northstar California Resort and Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe.
In Tahoe Vista, you'll find 67 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool.
- Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include Bowers Mansion, located 11.6 mi (18.6 from the heart of the city, and Nevada Governor's Mansion, which is 15.6 mi (25.1 away.
Dressing for Tahoe Vista
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 22°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 30°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 14°F
- About 30.71 inches of rain falls on Tahoe Vista each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 15°F