Search Johannesburg, Johannesburg - Gauteng Hotels from AU$56
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 29 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 22 Feb. 2020
Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Johannesburg, which is also known for its safari tours and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture and theaters. Top sights in the city include Museum Africa, Johannesburg Zoo, and South African Museum of Military History.
- You'll find 991 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Johannesburg
- The closest major airport is in Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.) 20.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria) 32 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Johannesburg
Cultural venues in the city include Museum Africa, South African Museum of Military History, and Turbine Hall. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Newtown Junction Mall, Bus Factory, and 1 Fox. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Johannesburg Zoo and Johannesburg City Hall.
In Johannesburg, you'll be able to select from 114 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Residence Boutique Hotel - This 5-star hotel features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Monarch Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- The Peech Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Gold Reef City, located 3 mi (4.8 from the heart of the city, and Apartheid Museum, which is 3.1 mi (5 away.
Getting Around Johannesburg
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Johannesburg is easy. Head to Ellis Park Station for metro transit. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Johannesburg Park Station.
Dressing for Johannesburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 49°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 29°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Johannesburg gets about 0.94 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are June and July with an average of 31°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Johannesburg?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Johannesburg, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Johannesburg?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Johannesburg?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Johannesburg?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Johannesburg?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Johannesburg?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Johannesburg?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Johannesburg?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Johannesburg?
What are some hotels with pools in Johannesburg?
Recent Reviews in Johannesburg
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Johannesburg airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Johannesburg?
- Where to stay near top Johannesburg attractions?
- More accommodation types in Johannesburg
- What kind of hotels are in Johannesburg?
- Which hotel chains are in Johannesburg?
- What are the most popular hotels in Johannesburg?
- Are there hotels near Johannesburg?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends