Search Pretoria, Johannesburg - Gauteng Hotels from AU$54
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 22 Oct. 2019
Reviewed on 9 Aug. 2020
Visitors to Pretoria are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, entertainment choices, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Kruger Museum and Voortrekker Monument.
- You'll find 991 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Johannesburg
- The closest major airport is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria) 33.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.) 43.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pretoria
Cultural venues in the city include Kruger Museum, State Theatre, and Kruger House Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Burgers Park, National Zoological Gardens of South Africa, and Freedom Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Voortrekker Monument and Church Square.
In Pretoria, you'll find 178 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Castello di Monte - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Bohemian House - Our customers like the helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Opikopi Guest House - Guests who stay at this 5-star guesthouse in Constantia Park can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to see in the area include Lesedi Cultural Village, located 20 mi (32.2 from the heart of the city, and Montecasino, which is 22.1 mi (35.6 away.
Dressing for Pretoria
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 59°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 56°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Pretoria is 28.66 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Pretoria?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Pretoria, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Pretoria?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Pretoria?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Pretoria?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Pretoria?
What's the best high-end hotel in Pretoria?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Pretoria?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Pretoria?
Recent Reviews in Pretoria
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Pretoria airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Pretoria?
- Where to stay near top Pretoria attractions?
- More accommodation types in Pretoria
- What kind of hotels are in Pretoria?
- Which hotel chains are in Pretoria?
- What are the most popular hotels in Pretoria?
- Are there hotels near Pretoria?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends